Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Impassible Dream


When I was a little girl, I was a dreamer. I would sit down and create my fantasy world full of all things I hoped I could do. At the time they seemed very unrealistic, but that didn't stop me from adding more and more to it to make them bigger.

For some reason I knew I could never accomplish them , but I hoped maybe one day by some holy miracle God would give me the power to achieve them.

As a child everything seems so far away. I would always tell myself, "2013, that'll never be here!!" and yet it is only 3 years away. And, "Me driving!! That will be in so long!" and yet... tomorrow is my last drivers ed. class.

The time is here and I have thought back to those things that I thought impossible. God listened to me as a grew up and kept those dreams handy. He is blessing me with more than I ever deserve and He keeps on answering my prayers from 8 years ago to this very day.

Dream 1) I want to be a National American Miss Queen and be on the cover of the program book.
Prayer answered: On November 23, 2008 I was crowned National All-American Miss Pre-teen. I was on the back cover of every state pageant's program book.


Dream 2) I want to be successful somehow athletically.
Prayer answered: In the 7th grade, I won districts, "Sit and Reach" (proudest moment)

Dream 3) I want to be in a magazine.
Prayer answered: I have appeared in 7 of this years "Dance Spirit" and "Dance Magazine" editions on an advertisement.

Dream 4) I want to meet some amazing people.
Prayer answered: My freshman year of High school, I was showered with so many caring, sincere, just plain awesome friends. Thanks to Tommy, Eric, Andrew, Jarett, Chris, Hergy, Jessi, Laurel, Amanda, Kailee, Taylor and Meryn.

I could go on and on with things that the Lord has given me these past couple of years that have just blown me away.

It has taught me to never give up on myself and my dreams even if they are impossible because if you cut yourself short you will never know the fullest potential you have.

Unless you try something beyond what you've already mastered...you will never grow.

Hang tight, God is listening and He does answer prayers. Things may be impassible but never impossible. He will take care of you.

1 comment:

  1. this is awesome nicole! i'm so proud of you in everything you've accomplished and simply for who you are. god has so many more amazing things for you to see and do. keep shining! you're a light in this dark world.

    ReplyDelete